

I lived at Collins from 1982-1986, most memorably in a triple with Rich Remsberg and Doug Lathom. Even more memorable was Jim Rose's visit to our room during my 21st birthday celebration (see commemorative picture at Al Chitlick's Collins photo page). I took two semesters "off" from Collins, studying in Russia in Fall 1983 (Moscow) and Spring 1986 (Leningrad). Some may remember as "Mad Dog" in the pick-up soccer games we played. Let's try to forget some of the late night dancing (some pictures of which can be found on Mike Rozenzweig's Collins photo page).
I went on to complete a graduate degree at Columbia University in Russian History (PhD, 1995). I was overjoyed to find that Patty Weitsman, also a Collins alumna, also had gone to Columbia for a PhD in Political Science. When Ron Mader and JP Simon visited me in NYC in Spring 1987, we all watched IU's run to the NCAA championship together.
I met my wife Diana at Columbia University. Rich and JP attended my wedding as groomsmen.
After graduation, I taught for nine years at Cornell University before moving to the University of Pennsylvania in 2006.
I have been back to Bloomington intermittently, but I have never managed to coincide with a Collins Reunion. Yet I always remember my time at Collins with great fondness.
(Picture 1: Peter Holquist and Rich Remsberg; Picture 2: Doug Lathom, Peter Holquist, Rich Remsberg)
I went on to complete a graduate degree at Columbia University in Russian History (PhD, 1995). I was overjoyed to find that Patty Weitsman, also a Collins alumna, also had gone to Columbia for a PhD in Political Science. When Ron Mader and JP Simon visited me in NYC in Spring 1987, we all watched IU's run to the NCAA championship together.
I met my wife Diana at Columbia University. Rich and JP attended my wedding as groomsmen.
After graduation, I taught for nine years at Cornell University before moving to the University of Pennsylvania in 2006.
I have been back to Bloomington intermittently, but I have never managed to coincide with a Collins Reunion. Yet I always remember my time at Collins with great fondness.
(Picture 1: Peter Holquist and Rich Remsberg; Picture 2: Doug Lathom, Peter Holquist, Rich Remsberg)