4.20.2011

Mike Davis

I have been the City Administrator in Middleton, Wisconsin, for the past 13 years. Previously, I served as Bloomington’s Deputy Mayor and Executive Assistant to the Mayor from 1988-1995; Director of the Association of Indiana Counties (1995-96); and City Administrator in Evansville, Wisconsin, from 1996-98.

Middleton is just 5 miles from the University of Wisconin/Madison campus. CNN/Money Magazine has recognized Middleton as a Top Ten place to live in America since 2005. Middleton ranked 1st in 2007 for cities less than 50,000 in population; 7th in 2005 for cities of populations of 14,000 and more) and 4th for communities under 50,000 population in 2009. We are a statewide leader in sustainability and economic development and an All-America City finalist in 2010.

In my private life, I’m happily married to Julann Jatczak since 2006, and I’m the proud father of Andy (24), Patrick (22) and Sarah (15). I’m very involved in the community, and Julann, Sarah and I are avid travelers.

I lived at Collins from 1977-82 and 1984-87. I may still hold the record for having lived there for 8 years (5 years as a resident fellow, including two as Assistant Coordinator for Residence Life). For any Collins alumni traveling in the Madison area, please give me a call. I’d be happy to take you to lunch.