7.07.2011

Jami Davis, 81-85

After completing my PhD at the University of Wisconsin in 2005, I returned to the San Francisco Bay Area to be closer to family. In 2008 I accepted a position at Marin Ventures, an agency where I have worked and provided consultation services since 1990. Now, I'm just completing my first three months as Executive Director. Our founding Executive Director retired and I was selected from a field of 68 candidates to be the second Executive Director for Marin Ventures. You can read more about Marin Ventures at www.marinventures.org.

I think that the liberal arts education I received at IU (BA History) gave me a good foundation for my career. Being able to write well and think critically are key factors to my success. Being involved at Collins in student government and other activities helped me grow and develop. Ultimately, it was just really fun to live at Collins.