2.04.2009

Alex Dzierba, Jr.

I graduated from IU in 1992. When I was living at Collins in 1987 as a freshman I was majoring in math. I was working as an orderly at Bloomington Hospital to pay my way through school. When I was just three math classes short of graduating I decided to go into a more exciting field - nursing. My plan was to work as a traveller. I wanted to go to Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii... I went to Hawaii first, 16 years ago, and I got stuck. I am living in Honolulu and working as a nurse in a hospital. I also do some contract work on the side - I'm designing a statewide database to track victims of trauma and I'm also working for a product company to teach about pulmonary artery catheters. I'm married to a beautiful (inside & out!) local girl named Allison, also a nurse. We enjoy the life of being DINKs.

I have a younger brother, Chris Dzierba, that is a current resident at Collins!