2.04.2009

Edward Burkhardt

Looking back 26 years since I walked into Collins, I still have fond memories of my first two years at the Center. Collins was clearly a special place and as an out-of-state student, helped me ease into life in a large campus much easier. Great friends and cherished experiences were all part of my time at Collins.

Since graduating in 1987, I was recruited through the Business Placement office to a position with May Dept. Stores Co. in St. Louis. After a year with that organization, I accepted another position with a large Retailer in Southern California and relocated to Los Angeles. In 1990, I changed career paths and began what is now my current career in Insurance. I’ve lived in Southern California for the past 21 years and enjoy all this wonderful area has to offer. Having worked in a number of insurance and Risk Management positions during the past 18 years, I currently hold the Regional Vice President position for ESIS, Inc., a unit of ACE USA. While it’s been many years since I’ve visited IU and the Bloomington campus, I have many fond memories of my time on campus and am grateful for the great experiences that Collins LLC offered me as a Freshman and Sophomore.


BS – IU/Bloomington 1987

Lived in Collins LLC (Edmonson and Brown Halls) in 1983 and 1984