As a resident of Collins’ Greene Hall during 1986-1988, I may be remembered for my portrayal of Sonny in “Doing Poetry with Helen, Veronica, Sonny and Poor Dead Charlie,” a play written by Peter Dee and directed by fellow Collins resident Cyndi Elliot in +/-1987. Also at IU, I majored in broadcasting and hosted various shows for then-WIUS 95.1 FM (Cable).
Since graduating from IU, my journalism and fiction career has spanned more than 23 years. I recently was an editor of the manuscript of Construction Administration for Architects, by Greg Winkler, AIA and Gary Chiumento, Esq. (McGraw-Hill, 2009). I also served as a volunteer editor for the second edition of S.S. United States: The Fastest Ship in the World, (Turner Publishing, 2003), a publication of the S.S. United States Foundation.
I estimate that I’ve written more than 1,000 different pieces for print and broadcast media.
I formerly was a journalist, photographer and editor for the Times Graphics newspaper group in Atlantic and Cumberland Counties, where I was integral in the launch of two newspapers for that company, then served as managing editor in the publications department of the Philadelphia Bar Association. I then was programming manager for the Pennsylvania Br Institute, a nonprofit provider of continuing education for lawyers. I’ve since served as a marketing communications manager for two law firms: Schnader Harrison Segal and Lewis LLP and, currently, Pepper Hamilton LLP.
I served on the editorial board (1992) and as fiction editor (1993) for the South Jersey arts group AfterImage, and chaired the Publication Committee of the Atlantic County Historical Society in 1992.
In 1995, I founded Whatever's Write, a workshop group for prose writers in South Jersey. I’m a lifelong South Jersey resident.